Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD 7-inch GPS Navigator Review
On the highways around the city, there are different vehicles such as cars and trucks. When it comes to trucks, there are different challenges they need to face compared to cars – these are height, fuel consumption, maximum weight, and more. They use different routes even if they’re going in the same direction as cars – this is where the Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD 7-inch GPS Navigator is made for trucks.
Now you may wonder what’s so special about this navigator and to be honest, there are loads we can think of. Journey with us and see why the Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD is well suited for your truck!
The Hardware of the Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD
The Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD is a navigator packed with unique features compared to some of their other models. It has an overall measurement of 7.8 x 4.77 x 1.0-inch and weighs 15.4 ounces. The navigators a heavyweight compared to some of the other models available here.
One of the main features is the screen that has a 7-inch color display with multi-touch TFT presenting you with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. It has a rechargeable battery that gives you up to 1-hour of use. It has an audio line out, headphone jack with a high-definition traffic receiver.
The screens made of glass and present you with great viewing angles and very responsive. Included with your unit you receive a 12V power cable to use in the lighter port, mounting bracket, USB cable, and it has an extra micro SD card slot.
This is a great thing to have as it allows you to add map data to keep on hand. As an extra bonus, it has a video output that you can connect to backup cameras.
The great thing about the Garmin DEZL is that it has a customizable Truck Routing that helps you to determine the route you want to travel. In your truck profile, you can add information about the truck you’re driving such as the cargo, length, weight, height, width and more.
The device has truck specific road restrictions showing bridge heights, the weight limit, and sharp curves that are a big help when you travel with a big truck. It allows you to save loads of different truck profiles and you can view each of them with a press of a button.
You can modify your routes and save the plans to sue in the future with the trip planner while the touchscreen helps you with ease to change the routes. This you can do by simply touching the different points available on the map. It has an ample point of interests designed for the trucker such as showers, gas stations, truck stops and more. You can add other POIs manually as well.
The other great thing about the Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD is that it keeps a record of your hours of service, fuel consumption and useful for your International Fuel Tax Agreement. For detailed accuracy of the records, you can download the information to a desktop.
It also has Bluetooth connectivity to pair with your Smartphone for hands-free use, Smartphone link function, POIs, traffic & map updates, speed limit indicator, and Junction View. Additionally, the unit has lifetime updates for maps and traffic.
When it comes to user-friendliness, the DEZL 770LMTHD stand out from the rest with all the available menus you can customize. The unit gives you clear voice directions in relation to important landmarks instead of using street names.
Special Features and Benefits:
- The Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD measures 7.80 x 4.77 x 1.0-inches and weigh 15.4 ounces,
- The display size of the screen is 7-inches and it has a color screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels,
- The screens made of glass and is a multi-touch TFT screen with a white backlight,
- The batteries, rechargeable and you can use it up to 1-hour,
- The unit has a headphone/audio line-out jack, Bluetooth connective, micro SD card slot, and mounting hardware,
- You receive an HD Digital Traffic navigational device that can connect with a backup camera,
- It comes preloaded with street maps and includes lifetime updates on the maps and traffic,
- It has an internal solid state memory with custom point of interest,
- The unit is voice command active and speaks out information when used with Garmin Real Directions,
- You can give the device commands with your voice to search for destinations on your route,
- It presents you with lane assist, junction view, route avoidance, displays the speed limit,
- Additionally, you have Foursquare, Smartphone Link, simple truck profile, trucking points, easy route shaping, HOS violation warnings, the main menus customizable, IFTA fuel logging, and have USB mass storage cable to connect to different types of devices, and
- Includes a 12-month warranty
When viewing the online Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD reviews you can see that the majority of users are pleased with this device. They like the fact that they can add specific information such as height, weight and more to their own truck profile. The ample POIs are great as you can plan your trip and reach your destination on time. The only negative remark was from one client who said that the device sometimes gives you false information when it comes to tunnel height.
Pros and Cons While Using the 770LMTHD GPS Navigator
- It has a great Truck profile to add important information needed while traveling,
- The notification alerts on legal roads or non-legal road use are great,
- The weather and wind hazard features are superb,
- It has a great info screen that gives you information on weight stations, sharp curves, road narrows and more,
- The voice command works well,
- The glass screen is great and you can scroll or pinch the screen, giving you a closer look at the map,
- It does give false clearance on bridge and tunnel heights sometimes,
- The grade ahead notifications does not always work according to standard,
- Could use some more processing power with the ample info you provide it with.
For a mid-range truck, GPS the Garmin DEZL 770LMTHD stands out from other brands available. Some of the additional features given are great and the device has a solid construction that will withstand wear and tear while used. If you’re looking for a truck navigator this device will definitely keep you up-to-date when traveling long distances.