Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Watch Review
If you’re into more than weekend jogging you need a capable device to track your trail running, skiing, and open water swimming! This you can do with one of the most suitable devices found in the Garmin Series the Garmin Fenix 3 GPS watch. It’s even great to use while you’re at the gym.It’s made for the action man and fits comfortably on your wrist. Compared to other wearables available on the market it can out-perform even the Fitbit. In this Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Watch Review you will read about all the features and uses of this great watch.
Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Watch Review
What Makes the Garmin Fenix 3 So Unique?
A good question to ask! The Garmin Fenix 3 has a toughened lens and you can buy them in different strap styles from a gray with a black band, silver with a red band, Sapphire with a metal band, Sapphire with Rose Gold-tone and white band, Sapphire with Leather Band and Titanium. Furthermore, if you’re into sports you can change the included straps with the rubber one included in the box as it’s more suitable for outdoor activities.
Insane Battery Life
One of the killer features is the battery that lasts up to 5 weeks when used as only a watch. If you plan to use the GPS, you should get about 20-hours of use while in the lower power, hiking mode, you can get up to 50-hours of battery use. This is great if you’re planning a weekend hiking trip as you do not need to take the included charger with you.
The only thing is that the battery life diminishes when using it with your Smartphone as it sends you notifications when using Garmin Vivoactive, calls, texts, push notifications, and Uber updates displayed on the screen.
The Display Screen
It has a 218 x 218-inch color screen with a transflective design. This is great when you’re outdoors and in direct sunlight, making it easier for you to see on the screen. During the night, you will need to use the backlight button to view the display screen.
The nice thing about the watch is that you can wear it as your main watch and use it to track your sleeping patterns at night. Some users who have tried doing this said that the watch is a bit uncomfortable when sleeping. It only gives you limited sleep tracking and shows you the hours you slept.
What does the Garmin Fenix 3 Track?
The Garmin Fenix 3 is packed with different features to track:
- Running – From your distance, pace, VO2 Max, Recovery time and virtual pacing,
- Trails – When outdoors it tracks your climbing, give you GPS, it has a compass, altimeter, gives you weather predictions,
- Cycling – Use it to track your bike power, cadence, and speed,
- Swimming – Use it to track your lengths, distance, pace, stroke count & rate, calories, and stroke identification,
- Skiing – Track the number of runs you have done, run distance, total descent, and speed
The only thing that you need to remember is that when you use the GPS watch for tracking your heart rate you need to pair it with a chest strap that you can buy separately. The nice thing is that all the data’s displayed clearly on the watch screen.
Using the apps is easy and you can pair it with your Smartphone or any other mobile device through the Garmin Connect mobile app.
Features and Benefits
- The Garmin Fenix 3 has a touch screen and available in 6 different color and strap designs,
- The straps are interchangeable and can be replaced with a rubber strap,
- It has a 1.2-inch Chroma display with high-resolution color display,
- The watch has a water rating of up to 10ATM/100 meters and made for swimming and skiing,
- It has an EXO Antenna when paired with EPO and GLOSNASS that’s more accurate than using GPS on its own,
- You can automatically sync the watch with Garmin Connect to keep it updated by using Wi-Fi,
- It has a rechargeable battery that you can use when in training for up to 20-hours, and 50-hour when used with UltraTrac mode and you can use it for up to 6 weeks in watch mode,
- It has different fitness training features like VO2 Max, Recovery Advisor, outdoor navigation 3-axis compass, altimeter, barometer, connect IQ, customizable apps, watch faces, widgets, and data fields,
- Included in your package you receive a band, USB charging and data cable, AC adapter and quick start manual,
- Can monitor your heart rate but need to buy an HRM-run separately,
- Pair it with most Bluetooth smart ready devices and receive notifications of text messages to Garmin Vivoactive,
- It measures 0.6 x 2 x 2-inches and weighs 2.9 ounces,
- And you receive a one-year warranty
When reading all the Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Watch Reviews available you can see that, the majority of clients are pleased with the product. They love the shape of the watch, the fact that it’s thicker than the Fenix 2, and you can use it for different training activities. It has an excellent battery life and some clients only complained that it has a large display.
Pros Related to the Garmin Fenix 3
- It has a sturdy build,
- Great integration with different Smartphones,
- You can receive different notifications and update your watch through the available apps,
- Great fitness tracker,
- Long battery life use,
- Can wear the watch every day,
Cons Related to the Garmin Fenix 3
- It’s big,
- Cannot upload maps as it does not have BaseCamp
Now that you have seen our Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Watch review, you can decide for yourself if this watch is made for you. If you’re more than just a casual jogger and a triathlon person that enjoys the outdoors the Garmin Fenix 3 gives you ample tracking for different sports purposes. It may be a bit bulky for some people, but you can buy them in different color and strap designs. You can change the straps to a rubber one and pair it with your Smartphone devices to receive updates and notifications.