Polar M400 GPS Smart Sports Watch Review
If you’re looking for a new class of training wearables, you will find our Polar M400 GPS smart sports watch review interesting. This device is a combination of fitness bands that has a GPS activity tracking, heart rate monitoring and so much more at an affordable price.
It’s a functional yet practical watch to consider and great to pair with a Bluetooth chest strap to use while running.
Superb Design & Screen
One thing that stands out on this Polar M400 GPS Smart Sports Watch is the design. It has a sleek 0.45-inch design and only weighs 2 ounces and great to wear as a daily accessory. Another nice thing is that the antenna is not in the way that is great when you wear it day or night.
It has a 128 x 128-pixel resolution and the screen measures 1.30 inches and bright enough during the day. The displays packed with information for you to see. It has a backlight to use during the evening when you’re out running. It has a set of five buttons that work well. On the back of the watch, you can find a micro USB socket and you can use your phones cable to charge it.
You can synchronize the GPS watch via Bluetooth to your Smartphone and the sockets rated to 30m and water-resistant. The USB cover and the watch straps made of rubber material. The straps held in place with pins that you could replace.
It Has Some Great Features
The Polar M400 is versatile to use as it functions as an activity tracker and fitness band. When used as a fitness band you can track your sleep and steps. The great thing is that it automatically works while you sleep. Another great thing is that this watch sends notifications to your mobile phone and wrist.
However, once you press the middle button you have a wide selection of fitness activities available. It keeps track of your heart rate when paired with an HRM strap, sending data all the time. You can choose from different sports profiles to display on the watch that you select directly from the Polar Flow website.
It has an accurate calorie counter, Aqua-fitness, skiing, and even yoga tracker. You can set up your sports profiles on the site, customize your heart rate zone, and set up multifaceted interval workouts. You can even do a 15-minute fitness test that measures your VO2 at the end of each run based on your age, gender, heart rate, and speed.
The sports watch has an eight-hour battery life when using the available features such as the GPS, heart rate, or 24 days of sleep/step tracking.
Features and Benefits
- The Polar M400 has a daily activity, fitness tracker,
- It has GPS tracking,
- It connects wirelessly to a heart rate monitor,
- It has an 8-hour battery life use when used with GPS and heart rate monitoring,
- It’s 30m water resistant,
- Has a slim 0.45-inch design and weighs 2-ounces,
- It is configurable and you can create different profiles on the Polar Flow site,
- The antenna’s not visible and in the way,
- It has a micro USB socket to charge with your Smartphones cable,
- It has a 128 x 128-pixel resolution and the screen measures 1.30 inches,
- The display is visible to read in daylight and has a backlight to use during the evening,
- You can pair it with an HRM device to track your heart rate,
- The calorie counters accurate,
- It has the Polar Flow Maps you can use,
- It automatically works while you sleep,
- Choose from five different color styles,
- Keeps you updated with notifications when paired with your Smartphone,
- Includes a one-year limited warranty,
When it comes to the Polar M400 reviews supplied by customers online, they’re more than pleased with the watch. They feel it’s an attractive fitness wearable with great features, available at an affordable price. The only concern mentioned by some users is that it takes a while to synchronize to your Smartphone and other devices.
Pros Related to the Polar M400
- Comfortable to wear and available in five different strap colors,
- Has an excellent battery life,
- The USB charging is practical as you can use your Smartphones cable,
- Can sync your desktop to the watch via the USB port,
- Can pair it directly to your Smartphone via Bluetooth connection,
- Compatible with different HRM monitors,
- Waterproof up to 30m,
- The screens configurable,
- The provided buttons are intuitive to use,
- Can wear it as a regular watch,
- It has an included fitness test to measure your VO2 max,
- The Polar Flow website has a clean layout,
- The Polar Flow maps great to use
Cons Related to the Polar M400
- Sometimes the synchronization to a mobile device fails,
- The display is hard to read in poor light,
- Exporting data from the watch to other devices is not easy.
Is This Watch For You?
If you’re into tracking your fitness and enjoy multiple sports the Polar M400 GPS smart sports watch will be useful to you. It can monitor your daily steps, sleep rate, heart rate, has GPS, and great to give you workout support. You can set up your profile, heart rate zone, and pace alarms. It has an excellent price for all the features packed into this device. Nevertheless, for a more accurate watch at a more expensive price you can also look at the other models available in this brand.